1. How and when did you get hooked on history?
2. What role does history play or has it played in your personal life?
3. How does history play a part of your professional life/career?
4. Why is studying/knowing history important?
5. What is your favorite period or aspect of history to learn about and why?
6. Your most recent book is Swamp Peddlers, about the boom and bust of Florida real estate. Who were the Swamp Peddlers and how did they shape modern Florida?
7. I’ve asked this question, or a variation, of others: Why Florida? Is there something endemic to Florida that brings out the con artist and Florida man (or woman) in its citizens? What’s your opinion?